SalaryPart Time Regular 49% or less - no benefits - $12,336.48 - $14,976.00 Annually
Close DateNot listed
Under direction, to perform paraprofessional library work and general clerical work; and do related duties as required.
- This position is considered to be paraprofessional, and is expected to perform duties per established policies and procedures under the close supervision of the County Librarian.
- Example of Duties
- Performs general support work to ensure the continued operation of the county branch libraries.
- Operates the library circulation desk, including scheduling staff and volunteers.
- Registering new library users and explaining library policies and procedures.
- Assists library users in selecting and locating books and materials and providing assistance to answer research questions.
- Assists in the set-up and maintenance of library exhibits including bulletin boards, exhibition cases and wall displays.
- Prepares signage, posters, and banners.
- Receives and accounts for all fees, fines and donations.
- Shelves books.
- Works with library users, volunteers and community members regarding library activities.
- Maintains statistics and prepares reports on a variety of library activities.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Possession of an appropriate California driver's license issued by the State Department Motor Vehicles may be required.
General library functions; library terminology; common office methodologies.
Learn and perform library clerical work with speed and accuracy; understand and follow oral and written instructions; do routine reference work and assist patrons in the selection and location of library materials; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public; properly and effectively perform general public relations work; maintain accurate records.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school and one year of general clerical experience; demonstrated understanding of library functions is required. Completion of thirty (30) semester units of college course work may be substituted for up to 3 months of the required clerical experience.
Possession of an appropriate California driver's license issued by the State Department Motor Vehicles may be required.