Working for an organization with the size and resources of Kaiser Permanente Northern California means having the potential to positively affect the health and well-being of entire communities. From our financial, business, and IT experts, to our RNs, allied health professionals, and physicians, we work together to provide the best care experience to our members and the communities we serve. As one of the most diverse regions in the country, Northern California offers everything from the majestic Sierra Mountains, to breathtaking Yosemite, to world-renowned Napa Valley. Here, you'll discover the cultural and recreational diversity that makes Northern California one of the most desirable places in the world to live and work. As Northern California's largest health plan, Kaiser Permanente provides you with the resources and opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success. Join us.
Provides technical and administrative support for medical library reference and information services. Performs on-line data searches and implements various computer systems utilized by the department. Assists the Manager, Library Operations by supporting and facilitating the content and direction of library services to the Medical Center, outlying clients and specialized resource collections.
• Conducts computerized literature searches using microcomputer and telecommunications software.
• Trains end-users on searching, use of indices and various reference tools and the use of Kaiser Permanente Library System (KPLS) to library clients.
• Assists the Manager, Library Operations in the orientation of clients and staff.
• Supervises interlibrary resource sharing through both the Kaiser Library System and Regional and National Library Systems.
• Consults with clients in resolving issues and works toward continuous improvement of library services.
• Catalogs book and non-book materials using classification and coding schemes.
• Functionally supervises department and library technical and clerical staff in absence of Manager, Library Operations.
• Evaluates software, hardware, systems, applications and databases and recommends implementation options.
• Keeps current on new and developing information services products and methodology to support the goals and vision of the Library Director in the Library's future role at the Medical Center.
• Delegates work to library technical and clerical staff and is familiar with Kaiser Permanente's personnel policies and procedures including workman's compensation, multicultural issues, union issues and the grievance procedure.
• Assists in planning the library collection development programs, goals and policies and procedures.
• Advises Manager, Library Operations on selection of library materials based on content expertise.
• Minimum one (1) year work experience in a library.
• ALA accredited master's degree in library science required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Experience with on-line search systems and software programs, PC and LAN technologies, and internet technologies.
• Computer literacy and understanding of the complexities of microcomputer systems and knowledge of MEDLINE literature searching.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.