YUBA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Office of Human Resources, Building 100A, Room 21
2088 North Beale Road, Marysville, CA 95901
Visit our Web Site at: www.yccd.edu/hr
POSITION: LIBRARY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT – 1.0 FTE – 12 MONTH
FINAL FILING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED (First review of applications will begin on Monday,
September 14, 2015).
LOCATION: *SCHEDULED TO BE ASSIGNED TO: SUTTER COUNTY CENTER
SALARY: $3,044.41 - $4,252.83/MO. (Range 26, CSEA Salary Schedule, initial placement
will not be higher than the salary schedule. The top step for this position is
Classified Application: http://php.yccd.edu/hr/viewform.php?id=66
Classified Application: http://php.yccd.edu/hr/viewform.php?id=66
- Under the direction of an Executive Dean, coordinate, oversee and participate in the library and media services for the District Woodland or Lake campus library; oversee and participate in the District Distance Learning programs for an assigned campus location; catalog, process and circulate library and media materials; assist students and staff with a variety of library and media services.
- Circulate library, media, distance learning and career/transfer center materials; process materials for
- circulation; prepare overdue notices and repair damaged books. (E)
- Catalog print and non-print materials for the main campus and off-campus centers including original
- cataloging and card preparation using acceptable cataloging tools. (E)
- Oversee and participate in the District Distance Learning programs for an assigned campus location;
- provide and maintain related information materials and brochures; oversee exams and scheduling as
- directed. (E)
- Provide orientation and training to students and staff in use of library materials; conduct library orientation
- tours using multi-media programs. (E)
- Read a variety of library related articles and book reviews to provide recommendations to the Librarian
- regarding future acquisitions, changes in policies and procedures, equipment and organization. (E)
- Implement and coordinate inter-library loan policies; assist patrons requesting special material. (E)
- Train and provide work direction to student assistants in the processing of library materials; establish
- procedures and priorities and review work for accuracy. (E)
- Coordinate and participate in the repair, maintenance and requisition of audio-visual equipment; conduct
- periodic inventories; provide equipment to classrooms for instructional purposes. (E)
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records, reports and files including circulation records, outstanding
- materials and fines, interlibrary loan records, media inventories and others. (E)
- Remove obsolete or unused materials from the library collection periodically; direct the annual inventory process. (E)
- Assist students and staff at the reference desk; provide information to research projects.
- Prepare subject bibliographies for instructors as requested.
- Represent the library on committees for the Mountain Valley Library System as assigned.
- Perform special projects and conduct special research as directed.
- Prepare bindery orders semi-annually.
- Solicit, schedule and coordinate a variety of library exhibits regularly throughout the year.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Current trends in library technology and automation.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Library technical processes related to the acquisition, cataloging and classification of library materials.
- Library terminology, practices and procedures.
- Library materials, including supplemental publications, pamphlets, newspaper, manuscripts, periodicals, films and microforms.
- Procedures used in inventory and statistical record-keeping.
- Perform para-professional library duties related to technical processing and public services.
- Perform library clerical duties with speed and accuracy.
- Maintain financial and statistical records.
- Operate equipment available in the library learning center.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Plan and supervise work.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination equivalent to: associate's degree in library science and two years increasingly responsible library experience including work in book acquisition, cataloging, reference and compilation of bibliographies.
- Library and office environment.
- Constant interruptions.
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
* This position is anticipated to be assigned to Sutter County Center but may be assigned temporarily or permanently within the District.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-6975.
- Categorically funded positions are contingent upon funding. In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Woodland Community College is a tobacco free campus.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR:
- The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
- Must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
- Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & DEADLINE:
- The first review of applications will begin on Monday, September 14, 2015.
- A District Classified application and the Equal Employment
Opportunity Statement (attach a Word document) are required. The application is available at the Office of Human Resources,
2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21,
Marysville, CA 95901.
Or you may visit our Web Site at www.yccd.edu/hr.
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the final filing date in the Office of Human Resources.
- Application materials may be sent via regular mail, dropped off at one of our various locations, faxed to 530 741-1017 or emailed to: D0284972@go.yccd.edu
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the District.
- All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned or copied and will be considered for this recruitment only.
- Incomplete and/or late application packets will not be considered.