- Resolving access issues (25%)
- Acts as the first point of contact for electronic resource access issues and communicates responses to access issues promptly
- Proactively troubleshoots, resolves, and escalates on- and off-campus access issues
- Communicates with staff regarding platform migrations and other notable changes to electronic resources
- Keeping accurate and consistent records (50%)
- Takes a leadership role in maintaining and updating links to all electronic resources within the library catalog, discovery service, and journal finder
- Maintains currency of electronic resource management (ERM) records, including updating administrative credentials and vendor contact information as needed
- Manages batch editing and loading of bibliographic (MARC) records from external sources
- Compiles usage statistics for electronic resources
- Keeps procedures updated and documents new procedures as needed
- Updates print and electronic holdings for our interlibrary loan consortium system (RapidILL)
- Processing acquisitions, renewals, and cancellations (25%)
- Processes and tracks streaming video requests from faculty and librarians
- Communicates with vendors to set up trials, request price quotes, and gather necessary information for the connection of new electronic resource subscriptions
- Working under the direction of the Head of Electronic Resources and Serials, processes renewal decisions. This includes editing order records and working closely with representatives from our primary serials agent (EBSCO) and our consortium (SCELC}
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services
- Identifies and determines cause of
problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of
established processes and practices
- Maintains contact with both internal and external customers and solicits feedback for improved services
- Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools, planned training, and performance initiatives
- Keeps supervisor updated on project
status and deviation from goals. Strives to ensure completeness,
accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions
- Develops and implements guidelines to support the functions of the unit
- Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer terminal.
- May be required to travel to other buildings on the campus.
- May be required to attend conference and training sessions within Bay Area or in- or out of-state locations.
- Typical library and office environment.
- Mostly indoor office environment with windows.
- Experience and aptitude for troubleshooting electronic access issues, including an ability to explain to other library employees how to conduct simple troubleshooting themselves
- Demonstrated customer support and/or troubleshooting experience
- Experience maintaining records in an Integrated Library System (ILS), preferably records for electronic journals and/or electronic resources
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet formulas and functions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage conflicting priorities in workload