Monday, June 14, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
The Mechanics’ Institute Library is a full-service, general interest membership Library located in San Francisco’s financial district.
Under the general supervision of the Head of Technical Services, the Periodicals Manager performs a variety of technical, clerical, and public service duties. The primary responsibility for this position is the management of the Library’s periodicals: maintaining the physical magazine and newspaper collections, providing accurate recordkeeping in the online catalog, and overseeing the annual subscriptions. Other duties will include both technical and public service:
- Assistance to Library Acquisition and Cataloging staff
- Circulation desk coverage
- Assistance to Library members with online catalog, computers, printing, copying
- Minimum of three years experience using Millennium serials module to establish and maintain records for serials holdings
- Experience with both public and technical service library practices, including circulation procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with library staff, library users, and vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Salary commensurate on experience; full benefits package is included for this position, which may include Saturday or evening hours.
Mechanics’ Institute Library is an Equal Employment Opportunity worksite.
Complete applications will include cover letter and resume, including details of relevant experience.
Please send to:
Sharon Miller, Library Director
57 Post St. 415-393-0113
San Francisco, CA 94104