The Library at Holy Names University (3500 Mountain Boulevard, in the Oakland Hills) has an immediate opening for a part-time, temporary assistant reference librarian available one weeknight a week (the exact night to be determined in conversation with the library team), and Saturdays (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.), for a total of 8 hours per week through the end of spring semester, 2012.
This librarian will provide direct reference/research help in person and online to students, faculty, staff, and other members of the Holy Names University community. Also assists with circulation duties when needed. Other tasks may include updating resource guides (Libguides), assisting with library events, or other activities in support of the library’s mission.
- Masters of Library and Information Science
- At least one year experience providing reference in an academic setting
- Customer service experience and demonstrated ease in working with faculty, students, and staff
- Tact, enthusiasm, and optimism
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with Libguides and various electronic databases
- Availability to work Saturdays and one evening per week
To apply, email resume to email@example.com
For more about the institution, see http://library.hnu.edu