Monday, May 7, 2012
Hayward - Librarian - Moreau Catholic High School
Posted: 04 May 2012 11:17 PM PDT
Moreau Catholic High School, a coeducational, Catholic high school in the Holy Cross tradition located in Hayward, is currently seeking to hire a Librarian for the 2012-2013 school year. This is a 4/5 FTE Position with full benefits.
Moreau Catholic is a school of 900 students and a diverse, college preparatory community that strives to educate the hearts and minds of our students. In addition, we are also a cutting edge Apple one to one laptop school, with a strong emphasis on 21st century learning skills embedded across the curriculum. The professional culture at Moreau is committed to continuous improvement and lifelong learning.
Role: To provide assistance to the Library to ensure that students and staff know how to find, assess, interpret, and synthesize information.
1. Assist the Head Librarian in the administration and oversight of all Library roles and responsibilities
2. Establish and maintain a welcoming and well-used space that supports the Moreau Catholic learning community
3. Collaborate with teachers to support the effective integration of information and communication skills and technologies to enhance student learning
4. Contribute to the development of a 9-12 scope and sequence in media literacy and information technology
5. Teach students, faculty, staff, administration, and community how to access, evaluate, use, share, and create information from a variety of sources
6. Model and promote literacy and the enjoyment of reading in all media formats
7. Develop the collection of print and electronic materials to support reading for pleasure as well as the school’s educational curriculum
8. Select and deliver new media in support of purposeful technology usage in teaching and learning
9. Understand copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property, and assist users with their understanding and observance of the same
10. Institute library programs that enhance and grow Moreau Catholic’s learning community
11. Encourage the use of instructional technology to engage students and to improve learning, provide 24/7 access to digital information resources for the entire learning community
12. Provide and plan professional development opportunities within the school
13. Use evidence of practice, particularly in terms of learning outcomes, to support program goals and planning
14. Maintain active presence in professional learning communities and serve as a resource to academic council, the professional development committee and the assistant principal of instruction as needed
15. Assist with other duties as needed
MLS or MLIS from ALA-accredited institution is required.
Apply via http://edjoin.org/ (search Moreau Catholic)Closing date: May 18, 2012