Monthly Pay Range: $4,218 - $5,652 (DOQ)
Filing Deadline: Monday, December 6, 2010
The Sacramento Public Library is building a new future and transforming the library into our community’s most valued resource. This is an exciting new position in our Collection Services Department. We are seeking candidates for our Youth Services Selector position. This position will be responsible for selecting materials for youth (babies through 18 years of age) throughout our 28 locations.
The successful candidate will have an extensive knowledge of, and passion for, children’s literature; experience selecting materials for children and teens; excellent communication skills; time management skills; and a willingness and ability to travel to the 28 branches in our library system on a regular basis. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm, but schedules may vary due to the needs of the organization. Staff are expected to be available to work on weekday evenings and weekends if needed. Applicants who do not possess a passion for libraries and a sincere desire to serve the public should not apply.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Review, evaluate and recommend library materials for acquisition, replacement or to be discarded;
· Meet with representatives of publishers and dealers and evaluate services offered and supplied to the library;
· Assign materials to the Central Library and branches;
· Plan and Participate in collection weeding activities;
· Maintain current awareness of the publishing industry;
· Assemble recommended lists of titles for replacement or collection enrichment.
Application and Selection Process:
Original hard copies of the applicant package must be received by the Human Resources department by 5pm on Monday, December 6, 2010
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit: 1) Sacramento Public Library Application; 2) Resume; 3) Cover letter and 4) a SPL Reference form.
Send completed Applicant packages to:
Sacramento Public Library
828 I Street, Human Resources (2nd floor)
Sacramento, CA 95814
Attention: Youth Services Selector Recruitment
· Meeting these qualifications does not necessarily guarantee an interview.
· In order to assist us in complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please notify the Human Resources department if you require reasonable accommodation during the examination process.
Questions: email@example.com or (916) 264-2853
Equal Opportunity Employer