To Apply: In order to be considered please apply via this link: http://bit.ly/LTAVacaville
LAC Group is seeking a Library Technical Assistant to work 25-30 hours per week in a Correctional Institution is Vacaville, California. This position will begin January, 2011, and should be continuing until June 30, 2011. Paid training will be provided both for in-service and onsite training time. The candidate will be under the supervision of the Senior Librarian. This is a great opportunity for a candidate either in library school or in a community college offering a library technical program. Hours will be arranged by the Librarian with some flexibility available.
- Provide relief for the Senior Librarian
- Directly supervise the inmate library clerks in their duties.
- Assist in preparing book orders; retrieving books from the mailroom/warehouse and communicating with Accounting/procurements units to make sure books are being processed in a timely manner
- Supervise inmate recreational library clerks and the operation of both the book processing and book cart operations
- Ensures that requests are filled
- Attend training programs on rules, regulations and operating procedure of the library and the institution
- Perform special duties as assigned
- Experience as a library technical assistant or library clerk preferred.
- Enrollment in a community college technical assistant program or in a university library science program leading to an MLIS degree highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate and interface with a varied group of people on a regular basis.
- Reliability and attention to detail