Please submit cover letter and resume to: http://www.siprep.org/about/jobs/apply
Please also submit two letters of reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have a job opening for a full-time head librarian at St. Ignatius College Preparatory. If you are interested in applying for the position, please review the Minimum Requirements for Head Librarian.
- Support the School's mission of academic excellence by collaborating with staff and assisting in providing a welcoming environment for reading, research, and study;
- Supervise staff of one librarian and one library technology assistant, including library volunteers and student workers;
- Effectively plan the school library program to meet identified needs;
- Maintain the library budget and select appropriate electronic and in-print materials;
- Develop and support new technologies that are relevant to 21st century learners;
- Provide bibliographic instruction and orientations to high school students and faculty;
- Supervise and assist in minimal cataloging and maintaining our Athena book catalog;
- Support faculty in integrating research into class projects; and
- Supervise high school students with staff in a very busy high school environment.
Minimum Requirements for Head Librarian
- Masters Degree in Library Science
- Experience in a high school or college supervising staff and maintaining a library budget
- Experience with online catalogs, subscription databases, and Internet search strategies
- Experience in providing direct public service to students and faculty
- Must be familiar with current Mac and Windows operating systems
Competitive salary and benefits.St. Ignatius is a Jesuit, Catholic, coed college preparatory high school located in the Sunset District of San Francisco. St. Ignatius has a long history and tradition of excellence in academics.