Thursday, November 8, 2012
Stocton - University of the Pacific - Library Operations Manager -Access Services
This position does not require an MLS.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OR RESPONSIBILITY:
Provides effective management and direction of the daily activities of the University Library’s Access Services department. Serves in advisory role to Library administration in strategic planning, technology development and enhancement of Library Access services.
1. Provides front-line management and support of Access Services
operations - circulation, patron account services (including billing and collections), course reserves, interlibrary loan and document delivery, resource sharing, and stacks maintenance.
2. Develops and implements the department’s strategic plan, as well as
assists in the development and implementation of the Library’s strategic plan.
3. Supervises staff and student employees; hires, trains, assigns work
duties, evaluates performance, directs staff development and administers disciplinary actions.
4. Supervises and ensures the successful delivery of interlibrary loan
and document delivery services.
5. Utilizes and customizes Access Services’ online systems and software
that deliver essential management information and advance services in support of the Library’s circulation, interlibrary loan/document delivery, and resource sharing programs.
6. Researches, recommends, and employs new technologies in pursuit of
improving Library Access Services that extend Library Access Services beyond the physical building.
7. Works collaboratively with other campus units.
8. Serves as the Library’s liaison for circulation, interlibrary loan/
document delivery, and resource sharing initiatives, programs and services at the local, regional and national level.
9. Develops and monitors student budget.
10. Recommends, formulates, and administers library access policies to and
with Library Administration for the University community and the public, and maintains active, effective communication with Library employees and user groups.
11. Ensures security of Library users, working with campus security.
12. Ensures working order and availability/security of library facilities,
equipment and other resources.
13. Manages multiple calendars and schedules to appropriately staff
service points to meet users’ needs.
14. Investigates and resolves problems or issues affecting unit services
through interactions with patrons, library staff, and other key library contacts, exercising excellent judgment and discretion as appropriate.
15. Participates as an instructor in the Division’s technology training
16. Contributes positively to the Library’s service culture, by effective
communication of Access Services schedules, policies, procedures, and programs to all user groups, internal and external.
Bachelor’s degree, minimum of five (5) years successful experience in an academic library demonstrating knowledge and understanding of library public services, the technologies used to support programs and services, circulation, resource sharing and interlibrary loan/document delivery, electronic reserves, document imaging and storage, operations supervision, staff management and development.
For further information, visit www.pacific.edu. Click on Jobs at the bottom right corner, and look under Staff Positions - Stockton.