Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Sacramento - Sacramento Country Day School - Library Technical Assistant
Sacramento Country Day School is a private, independent, pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, coeducational, college preparatory school. The Matthews Library serves students in grades six through twelve. We are currently hiring a new library assistant. Qualified individuals should send resume and cover letter describing how any library work experience and/or education has prepared you for this job.
Please email documents to email@example.com
Library Technical Assistant
· Grades six through twelve library
· Part Time (30 hours/week; 5 days/week)
· 10-month position (mid-August to mid-June)
· Hourly rate of pay commensurate with experience plus benefits
· Coursework in library science and/or experience working in library/media center.
· Prefer cataloging knowledge (MARC, RDA).
· Ability to communicate and successfully supervise middle and high school students (this will require a sense of humor and an appreciation for the age group).
· Ability to perform clerical work, including word processing, with accuracy.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, e-mail, Internet searching, social media, and technology in general.
· Knowledge of Apple iOS devices, Mac OS, and Google Chrome helpful.
· Ability to troubleshoot devices using both your own knowledge and Internet searching.
· Demonstrated work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
· Ability to pursue work in an organized manner despite multiple interruptions.
· Creativity as important as accuracy and attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Cataloging using MARC and RDA formatting (Follett Destiny software).
· Student supervision and assistance.
· Assist in teaching lessons and assessing student work.
· Help coordinate special events and displays.
· Maintain library website.
· Clerical work.
· Inventory and perform tech support on iPads, Chromebooks, laptops, and audiovisual equipment.
· Process materials.
· Shelf maintenance.
· Other duties as assigned.
Additional Application Question (required):
Describe any paid or unpaid experience you have working in a library, and explain how your education, training, and other work experience enable you to fulfill the requirements.
· Cover Letter
· Additional Application Question (see above, can be addressed in cover letter or separately)