Bookshare is looking for an experienced program and analytical professional to join our Collection Development team. This will be a contract position and will primarily be working on our Texas project, which is focused on delivering accessible digital books to print-disabled readers in the state of Texas.
The responsibilities of this position include:
Inventory Tracking and Management
- Will be responsible for developing and maintaining a tracking system for all books published to our collection through the Texas project
- Tracking system must also be able to report status of books in progress
Customer Support and Student Book requests:
- Responding to and tracking textbook requests from government repositories, students, and other sources
- Corresponding directly with our student members, updating them regarding book request status, clarifying requests, etc.
- Supporting the fulfillment of textbook requests, including purchasing copies of requested textbooks and supporting the conversion of those books to digital format, by working with internal staff and our vendors
- Reporting on multiple aspects of student requests, such as number submitted and fulfilled, etc.
Vendor Support - Bookshare works with a wide range of vendors and this position performs several key administrative functions to support the relationship with those vendors, including:
- Sending priority files to vendor partners
- Analyzing and categorizing files to go to vendors
- Reviewing and verifying invoices
- Support the tracking and reporting of vendor activity
Volunteer Program Support - Bookshare operates an active volunteer program, with both in-house and remote volunteers. This position will provide a variety of support to that program.
Special projects as assigned
- Bachelors Degree minimum
- 3+ years of administrative, analytical, and/or program experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with detailed record keeping, reporting, and data analysis
- Demonstrated competence with office software tools
- Experience with electronic file formats, assistive technology and non-profit environments are highly desired.