Energy, Environment & Transportation
- Provide support for walk-in, phone, and e-mailed requests from staff, clients, agencies, and the public for ICF Library holdings as well as current and archived LOB library material.
- Receive new material; process for library stacks and notify management for potential leveraging of LOB purchases.
- Acquisitions; review purchase requests for library material and assess for acquisition. Purchase items; set up subscriptions and standing orders, and maintain acquisitions within budget allocated at beginning of the year.
- Cataloging; copy-catalog and collaborate on original cataloging if required. Maintain OCLC data for the ICF Library holdings.
- Provide document delivery services for both billable and non-billable research requests using OCLC.
- Provide in-depth research support for both billable and non-billable search requests which may include deep-web searching, database searching, and travel to local libraries.
- Archiving of LOB deliverables.
- Tracking library statistics and compiling department reports.
- Master's degree in Library Science, Library Information Systems, or related field (relevant experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year-basis).
- 2+ years of experience working in a library, preferably in reference or cataloging
Strong bibliographic skills, including knowledge of MARC tags and LC headings
Strong skills in using on-line catalogs and shelf-lists.
- Focused research skills using research databases (Examples: Dialog, BIOSIS, Lexis-Nexis, etc.)
- Advance proficiency in the most current versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Skills with Adobe Acrobat or library software such as InMagic preferred
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/