- Under direction, plans, organizes and implements student/tutor training and related activities for an assigned Literacy Program such as Adult, Family, Reach-Out-and-Read, or other literacy programs; provides assistance in carrying out the goals of the Program; performs related duties as required.
- The eligible list created as a result of this recruitment will be used to fill full-time and part-time, regular, limited-term or extra-help positions as vacancies occur throughout the library.
- To view the job description for this position, please
- 1/6/2017 – Deadline to submit application and required documents.
- 2/1/2017 –Tentative date for oral board exam for most qualified applicants.
- Based on the information provided in the application documents, the qualified applicants may be invited for further examination and will either be pre-scheduled by the Department of Human Resources or be invited to self-schedule. All applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the examination. Depending upon the number of applications received, the selection process may consist of an initial application screening, a mandatory information meeting, a supplemental questionnaire assessment, a written and/or practical exam, an oral board exam, or any combination listed. Information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
- A minimum score of 70% is required to continue in the selection process, unless otherwise announced.
- All potential new hires and employees considered for promotion to management, confidential positions or unrepresented positions will be subject to a background and reference check after contingent job offer is accepted. These provisions are subject to change.
- RETIREES - Solano County invites all qualified candidates to apply for positions; however pursuant to Government Code Section 21221(h) and 21224, hiring restrictions may apply to California Public Sector Pension Plan Retirees.
- Previously submitted application materials (i.e. copies of diploma and/or transcripts, etc.) for prior recruitments will not be applied for this recruitment but must be re-submitted for this recruitment.
- Any further questions can be directed to the Department of Human Resources at (707) 784-6170 or at 675 Texas Street, Suite 1800 Fairfield 94533. The office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required for this position. All candidates must submit a copy of their college diploma (verifying the degree, date earned and area of specialization) or official/unofficial transcripts (verifying the date and degree conferred) by the final filing deadline. Candidates who fail to submit their diploma or transcripts by the final filing date will be disqualified from the recruitment.
- Candidates who attended a college or university that is accredited by a foreign or non-U.S. accrediting agency must have their educational units evaluated by an educational evaluation service. The result must be submitted to the Human Resources Department no later than the close of the recruitment. Please contact the local college or university to learn where this service can be obtained.
- One year of experience in a literacy program or
other community program as a trainer, counselor or program evaluator.
- Education/Training: A Bachelor's degree is required from an accredited college or university, in education, psychology, communication or a closely related humanities, social science or behavioral science field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Class C California driver's license is required.
- Independent travel will be required.
- Incumbents may be required to work outside normal business hours.