Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Solano Area – Solano County Library – Supervising Librarian
Salary: $73,565.20 - $89,418.96/year
Posting Date: 5/1/2017
Closing Date: 5/19/2017
Solano County Library is a progressive and innovative library with secure funding and widespread support from the community. The Solano County Library is guided in its mission to enrich the lives of the people in the County by a Strategic Plan, which is community focused, staff inspired, and outreach oriented. The Library serves the community with eight branches and virtual services in five of the seven cities in Solano County with a staff of 111.75 FTE. The community showed its strong support by the passage of a dedicated sales tax measure in 1998 and an 80% yes vote in the June 2012 election continued the sales tax measure until 2030.
The Librarian (Supervising) plans, organizes and supervises a large library section or a small library branch with several professional librarians and technical support staff. They are responsible for the training and supervision of staff; scheduling; providing professional and outreach services directly to the public; making budget recommendations and monitoring expenditures; representing the library in the community; assisting in policy formulation and implementation; and collection development.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a positive outlook in facing the challenges of working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to welcome change in a continuous evolving organization. Additionally, this person will be someone who:
· Can identify customer expectations and demonstrate personal commitment to meet or exceed those expectations.
· Is creative problem solver that uses a team-oriented approach to make improvements.
· Appreciates and is effective working in a social, economically, and cultural diverse community.
· Has high energy, unquestioned integrity and a strong work ethic.
· Is able to build and maintain effective relationships while modeling self-management. Practices collaborative skills to achieve common goals in a spirit of collegiality and mutual respect.
· Use technology and understands the primary role technology and understands the primary role technology plays in the delivery of library services.
· Has excellent presentation skills.
· The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill full-time, part-time, limited-term or extra-help positions as vacancies occur or the need arises.
· Three years of professional library services experience with supervisory training and experience;
· Possession of a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university is required.