An affiliate member of the American Psychoanalytic Association and the International Psychoanalytic Association, SFCP is dedicated to advancing the vitality and enduring value of psychoanalysis in northern California. This mission is achieved in a variety of ways including:
- Full training in psychoanalysis for mental health professionals
- Continuing education for mental health professionals
- Training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Programs for the general public in a variety of arts and educational programs
- Support for psychoanalytic research and selected community consultation for educators
The San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis seeks an energetic and enthusiastic individual with knowledge of psychoanalytic literature or that of a related field to serve as Center Librarian.
This librarian serves an organization of trained analysts, analytic candidates and community members. This librarian will be responsible for cultivating a strong relationship with these membership groups through collection development, instruction in research methods and online resources, and reference work.
Duties also include providing general academic reference service with some evening and weekend responsibilities. Essential tasks include developing instructional materials, designing and implementing an information literacy program, and evaluating and making recommendations for the improvement or replacement of the library’s existing integrated online system.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reference assistance and support to members
- Production of on-line tutorials
- Preservation and cataloging of archival materials
- Monograph and serials cataloguing
- Management of subscriptions and negotiation of prices with vendors
- Collection development
- Inter-library loan services
- Book sales/store management
- Preparation and fiscal management of library and bookstore budgets
SALARY: This is a full time position with a starting salary of $55K.
BENEFITS: Benefits include full health, dental and vision insurance and a generous paid time off program.