LAC Group seeks an Archival Assistant for a temporary full-time position working at a university library in Los Angeles, CA. This position is anticipated to last 2 months. We are looking for someone with a background in archives and a demonstrated an understanding of basic archival practices and processing.
- Inventory of video tape collection (U-Matic, DVC-PRO, and BetaSP)
- Creating a best practices spreadsheet for description and arrangement of tapes
- Establish a workflow for the project; Data recorded for each tape in the spreadsheet will be used to create an EAD finding aid
- Evaluate tapes for issues with preservation and make recommendations in this regard, and identifying access points and indexing terms
- Candidates should have a background in archives and demonstrated an understanding of basic archival practices and processing
- Solid interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are also necessary
- Previous experience in processing video materials, preferred
- Knowledge of best practices for description video materials, preferred
- Knowledge of video preservation standards, preferred
- Knowledge of HTML and EAD for the eventual online presentation of the finding aid, preferred
Work Hours: This position is full-time (40 hours). The assistant must work between approximately 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday – Friday. If someone wanted to work twenty or thirty hours per week, this could be accommodated.
To Apply: In order to be considered please apply via this link: http://bit.ly/ArchivesAssistant
To view all of our currently open positions please visit: http://lac-group.com/lac-group/career