Taylor & Associates is recruiting for a part time (2-3 days/week) library assistant to work in a law firm library. This will be a temp-to-hire position.
Open, sort, file, distribute and process library mail. Work with vendors and filing service on missing items. Maintain routing and desk copy lists (adding and subtracting people as needed) to ensure accurate ordering.
Respond to requests from attorneys and staff about the contents of the library and locating particular volumes, and making copies of requested materials.
Prepare MCLE materials for use by attorneys including uploading licensed materials to Intranet, library catalog and other locations. Assist in coordination of MCLE seminars.
Contact local libraries, government agencies and other entities to locate information from external sources. Maintain and update ILL database.
Contribute to the maintenance of library records, catalogs, indexes, etc. including printing labels, creating circulation records and deleting old records.
- Knowledge of library systems. Law library experience a plus. Ability to communicate with calm, courtesy and tact with co-workers, attorneys, supervisors, vendors and others
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently
- Customer service oriented
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED
- Intermediate level of ability with MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel
- Beginning to intermediate level of ability with database software.
- Beginning level of ability with the Internet
Email resumes to Catherine Ghent at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Catherine at 510-559-1540