Expected Beginning Date: Early December, 2011
The Part Time Middle School Librarian at The Athenian School is responsible implementing a library program to meet the needs of middle school students and faculty including:
- All library services such as collection management, cataloging, programing, staffing and facilities maintenance.
- Providing Information Literacy and related Instruction.
- Promoting recreational reading.
- Supporting students and teachers with research project assistance.
- Coordinating an all-school library program with the Library Director.
This position also includes various middle school co-curricular responsibilities including:
- Leading student orientation programs, interim trips and a student Advisory,
- Teaching elective classes and interdisciplinary “Focus Days”,
- Participating in faculty meetings, professional development activities, and other school related events.