- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent
- Excellent analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Education in or experience with the social sciences and business
- Demonstrated teaching ability
- Job-related experience with online catalogs, reference databases, and other online research tools
Salary and Appointment: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience; current half-time salary range is $23,742 - $32,082 per year. Appointment will be as Assistant Librarian for a six-month period, with possible reappointment for an additional six months. Excellent benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans.
Send letter of application, resume and at least three names of reference to: Joan Shelby; Administrative Operations Assistant; Library and Information Access; San Diego State University; 5500 Campanile Drive; San Diego, CA 92182-8050. Applications may be submitted by email. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin June 15, 2011 and continue until the position is filled.
For questions and further information about this position, please contact Linda Salem, Head of Reference Services at 619-594-5148 or email@example.com.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.