- Library administration and organization;
- Principles and practices of planning, organization and management techniques as applied to a modern public library system;
- Principles of personnel, fiscal administration, supervision, and staff development;
organizing, supervising and evaluating intra-system library programs
and policies and their relationship with community needs;
- Principles and practices of librarianship including collection development, circulation, reference and reader advisory services.
- Plan, organize and direct comprehensive programs for providing library services;
- Effectively supervise and train professional and non-professional personnel;
- Analyze budgetary and staffing requirements and make recommendations;
analyze, and supervise comprehensive intra-system library programs and
policies and recommend specific plans for modifying or extending library
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with individuals and groups;
- Develop and maintain good relations with the public, library staff and community and government organizations.