EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Assists in managing and administering policies and procedures for a comprehensive library division such as adult services, children's services, branch services or technical services; maintains order and discipline in the observance of Library rules and regulations.
- Administers division services including reference, reader’s guidance, access of information via electronic information retrieval systems and online catalogs, and special programming.
- Provides reference and readers' guidance; assists and advises readers in making effective use of library resources and facilities.
- Selects, orders, classifies, and catalogs books, pamphlets, and other materials; reads book reviews in areas of specification.
- Curates collections for completeness and condition; weeds collections in compliance with collection development policy.
- Plans, promotes, and conducts special programs; prepares book lists and book displays.
- Prepares statistical records and reports.
- Schedules and supervises professional, technical and clerical personnel and volunteers.