Thursday, April 6, 2017
Pleasant Hill - Diablo Valley College – Librarian (Adjunct Instructor)
Opening Date: 4/5/17
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
• Master in Library Science (MLS) or Library and Information Science (MLIS) or the equivalent.
• Experience providing reference services
• Experience designing and teaching library orientation workshops
• Understanding of a diverse community college student population
• Familiarity with library/instructional technology applications such as LibGuides, Canvas LMS, QuestionPoint, Credo Information Literacy modules, Ebsco Discovery, and/or web design.
• Working knowledge of Innovative Interfaces’ Integrated Library System Sierra.