Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Sacramento-Kaiser Permanente-Manager of Library Services for Medical Center
Closing Date: Not listed
Salary: Not listed
Manages the operations of a Medical Library in a Medical Center to provide high quality, cost effective information services to the medical staff and all medical center employees for patient care, education, and work-related study and research. Manages integrated on-line library and directs and conducts manual and on-line data searches using electronic information sources to acquire and disseminate information to end-users.
• Selects and acquires texts and journals to ensure a current and up-to-date collection of material to support the needs of end-users. Provides literature unavailable in the library through a nation-wide system of inter-library borrowing or on-line searches. Maintains accurate cataloging; Directs the daily operations of the medical library and manages the professional and clerical staff.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, develops, counsels, and evaluates library personnel. Ensures technical expertise and staff competency; Utilizes the internet and other current technology to locate, evaluate and organize data for library users in a way that maximizes usefulness for end users; Plans for future space, equipment and staffing needs; Orients users on library's facilities, services, resources, and equipment.
• Instructs users (employees and members) on use of periodical indexes, on-line databases, reference tools and policies and procedures; Oversees the maintenance and enhancement of Library's computer systems and monitors operation of internally and externally developed systems; Develops and implements policies and procedures for the operation and maintenance of the library.
• Monitors department's compliance with regulatory standards and recommendations; Establishes ongoing quality assurance program to continually improve information services in response to changing needs; Maintains good relations with other departments/libraries to enhance services and ensure linkage of services through individual, team and group interaction and local, community, regional and national level.
• Collaborates with peers internally and externally to establish and achieve common goals; Represents Kaiser Permanente on committees and at conferences in the community and at the state and national level as well as at Professional Associations and Peer Groups; Develops and administers the operating and capital budget and controls expenditures in accordance with budgetary limits while maintaining agreed upon services.
• Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in a medical, academic or special library required.
• Master's degree in library science (MLIS) from an ALA accredited library school required.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Demonstrate the ability to plan, implement and monitor new programs and services.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Certification in Medical Librarianship by the Medical Library Association preferred.
Posted by Cameroonian Librarian at 10:31 AM