Thursday, April 27, 2017
Woodland – Yolo County Library – County Librarian
Posting Date: 4/25/17
Closing Date: 5/26/17
The Yolo County Library is committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive employee workforce that is reflective of the population and who are knowledgeable, encouraging and continually supporting of communities in the region. The Library is committed to nurturing an environment where differences are valued and all staff are part of a productive, high performing team that delivers quality services to all customers. www.yolocountylibrary.org.
The County Librarian serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority and is responsible for managing and directing a balanced county library system that includes a comprehensive program of library services. Policies are set by the Board of Supervisors and general administrative direction is provided by the County Administrator. The County Library Advisory Board advises the Board of Supervisors and the County Librarian. The County Librarian is also the County’s Chief Archivist.
· Evaluate community needs and coordinate with community interest groups, elected officials, County administration, Library staff and others to determine the scope and nature of the services provided in each service area in regard to operating hours, relevance of collections, programs, new or expanded facilities and services required in light of changing social conditions and best practices for providing Library services;
· Develop a plan to integrate current and new technology to provide users with greater access to technology;
· Support building projects, ensuring timely advancement of projects and oversight of funding possibilities;
· Participate in the nurturing and development of local Library support groups, including Friends of the Library and the County Library Advisory Board;
· Plan, develop and implement goals and objectives for Library programs and services, and develop strategies to achieve department goals;
· Prepare and administer grants and other proposals which provide funding, and develop implementation plans to ensure adherence to grant requirements;
· Plan, manage and coordinate Library activities and services, and pursue joint agency activities to expand Library services;
· Promote Library services, programs and needs to the public, businesses, schools, colleges, Library support groups and other interested agencies; oversee the development of Library promotional materials and activities; participate in a wide range of public and community functions designed to promote Library programs and services;
· Select, train, mentor and evaluate staff;
· Direct the preparation of and administer each service area budget
· Participate and encourage staff participation in the activities of professional library organizations.
Master’s Degree in Library Science, Library Information Services, or related library field or equivalent from an accredited graduate school of Librarianship.
Seven years professional library experience, with proven management and supervisory experience.
Possession of a County Librarian’s certificate issued by the CA State Board of Library Examiners.