Thursday, April 27, 2017
Sacramento – Los Rios Community College District – Librarian, Technical Services, Adjunct Professor
Posting Date: April 20, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Los Rios Community College District is a two-year public college district serving the greater Sacramento region. Our district includes American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges; major centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova; and special services for business and industry.
Our colleges offer transfer education - students complete freshman and sophomore years and transfer to a four-year college or university - and AA/AS degrees and certificates in over 70 career fields. The District's 2400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties. Approximately 80,000 students are enrolled in our colleges.
The District office houses a number of district-wide services. These include the Chancellor's office, Board Room, Legal Services, Business Services, Human Resources, Institutional Research, District Police Department, Resource Development and Information Technology. Other district-wide services which can be found at various locations around the community are the, Facilities Management Department and the Workforce and Economic Development Center. Each department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities for our communities and staff.
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment. Assignments may include day, evening and weekend courses.
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
• As coordinated by the System Librarian, the Librarian (Technical Services) will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• The original cataloging, including description, authority verification, subject headings, and call number assignment of print and non-print materials and web resources not located in the Online Computer Library Center ( OCLC ) database.
• Evaluating and edit copy cataloging located in the Online Computer Library Center ( OCLC ) database.
• Authority file maintenance, database cleanup projects, and collection evaluation.
• Occasional work at the reference desk may also be required on an as needed basis.
• Knowledge of, or experience with, RDA , MARC format, Library of Congress Subject Headings, Library of Congress Classification System, and Online Computer Library Center ( OCLC ) preferred.
1. Have a master's degree from an accredited institution in library science, library and information science; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor's Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.