Location: University Library
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Salary Range: $4,372 --$9,683/Monthly (Anticipated hiring salary range $4,372 - $5,700/monthly depending on qualifications.)
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; temporary one year appointment from date of hire; may be extended; may become permanent; exempt classification.
- Reporting to the Media, Arts and Web Librarian, the Library Web Developer/Designer will play a leadership role in the design, development and maintenance of clean, consistent, responsive, intuitive and user-centered websites that are in line with the library¿s mission in supporting teaching, learning and creative activities.
- The web developer will: work with library staff and faculty to create dynamic, and user-friendly web pages, web-based applications and integrate third-party applications, social media services and digital content into the university's Drupal based web environment; develop and implement web-based marketing and outreach strategies through various digital channels including Drupal custom themes and modules, web banners, digital signage, digital video, mobile applications and other interactive online sites; support the library's digital repository; incorporate tools such as Google Analytics to improve statistical analysis; and conduct user-centric usability studies and web accessibility assessment.
- May also be assigned other digital library related projects and will collaborate with web developers at Cal State LA and across the CSU on web related projects.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related field, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study.
- Two or more years of full time relevant work experience which has provided experience: with: Drupal or similar content management system; usability studies, accessibility assessment and user centered design principles: a variety of social media; and demonstrated web graphic design.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who may apply for the position.
Special Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with MySQL, web APIs and mobile technologies including mobile app development; working knowledge of web application frameworks and CSS Frameworks; knowledge of metadata standards and digital asset management and discovery systems; and demonstrated proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language (PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Review of applications will begin on November 17, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled; however, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
A COMPLETED ON-LINE CAL STATE LA EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF A COMPLETED APPLICATION.