|Library Technician III|
Pasadena City College
Classified Represented Position
100% - 12 Months
Final date to file district application: Monday, December 22, 2014 by 12:30 p.m.
Monthly Salary Range: $3,267.92 - $4,170.79 (Starting Salary $3,267.92)
Hours/Days to be worked: Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Under supervision of the appropriate manager and general lead of the area Librarian, the Library Technician III provides support and oversight in a technical or public service area, and serves as a collegial member of the Library staff and College community. The qualified individual, with demonstrated library clerical, technical and customer service skills, may serve in different areas of the Library and will perform related work as required.
• Performs routine and specialized tasks at the Library Access or Technical Services areas.
• Helps select, train, and provide work direction to College Assistants or Student Workers
• Interprets, follows and enforces Library policies and procedures.
• Participates in developing and implementing policies and procedures relating to the assigned area(s).
• Maintains procedural manuals, office files, and supplies as directed.
• Assists in ordering and receiving of library materials.
• Maintains statistics, fiscal records and confidential records; resolves and reconciles discrepancies.
• Supports the preservation of Library materials in both print and digitized formats, according to conservation standards.
• Learns and applies cataloging and classification principles and rules (i.e. AACR2/RDA).
• Exhibits sound customer service skills, with the ability to analyze and diffuse disruptive situations.
• Works with supervisor to resolve specific issues.
• Manages and utilizes technology, hardware and software, as related to the assigned area.
• At the request of the supervisor, performs a variety of unscheduled duties normally and traditionally performed by at Library Technician III.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school, and
• Three (3) years of experience working in a library environment. An Associate’s degree may be substituted for two years of experience.
• The operation of one or more modules of an integrated library system;
• Current library terminology, bookkeeping and fiscal management practices; and
• A variety of computer software applications, library databases and a wide variety of library equipment.
• Incorporate new and constantly changing technologies into the area workflow;
• Alphabetize, file numerically, and compare names and numbers rapidly and accurately;
• Analyze situations and adopt effective courses of action;
• Work independently and prioritize tasks with minimum of supervision;
• Maintain accurate records and perform mathematical calculations;
• Learn, interpret, and apply laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
• Demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, staff, and community.
• Completion of Library Technician Certificate
• Experience in a Library Circulation Desk, Library Technical Services area, or other equivalent Library experience.
• Experience with library cataloging, library acquisitions or public services in an academic setting.
Typing at 35 words per minute.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; to operate a motor vehicle and to visit various District and meeting sites; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard, or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 25 pounds with the use of proper equipment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary and other terms of employment are competitive. Placement is at Range 38 on the District Classified Represented Salary Schedule which is available online at www.pasadena.edu.
Generous fringe benefits include fully paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and their families, and life insurance for the employee.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Successful completion of background and fingerprint clearance and TB screening.
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States and signing of loyalty oath per government codes 3100-3109.
• Meeting applicable eligibility requirements under CalPERS or CalSTRS if you are a current or former member.
• Board of Trustees approval
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
The District application and all supporting documents must reach Human Resources by 12:30 p.m. on December 22, 2014. A postmark is not acceptable for this purpose. Applications or supporting documents cannot be submitted electronically or by FAX transmission.
Mail District application and supporting documents to:
Human Resources (C204)
Pasadena City College 1570 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91106
To access application materials online, please visit our website: http://www.pasadena.edu/HR/classified-jobs.cfm . Or to request the District application by telephone, call 626.585.7388.
The hiring committee will review, evaluate, and consider applications and supporting materials received by the deadline. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. It is, therefore, important that the application be thorough and detailed. The District may re-advertise, delay, choose not to fill the position, or choose to fill more than one position.
The hiring committee will review, evaluate, and consider applications and supporting materials received by the deadline. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. It is therefore, important that the application be thorough and detailed. The District may re-advertise, delay, choose not to fill the position, or choose to fill more than one position.
For full consideration, applications MUST include all items in the order listed below. An incomplete application packet will not be accepted.
1. Official District application 2. Cover letter
3. Professional resume
4. Typing Certificate
Note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all application materials are fully and correctly submitted. All supporting documentation should include position name and/or position number. All materials submitted are for this position only and become the property of the District. Materials, including USB flash drives, compact disks and slides, will NOT be returned, copied or considered for other openings. The College is projecting to do interviews in late January 2015.
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Pasadena - Pasadena City College - Library Technician III
Library Technician III
Pasadena City College - Pasadena, CA
Posted by Stephen Passey at 11:34 AM