Monday, April 25, 2016
Inglewood – City of Inglewood – Library Support Clerk
SALARY: up to $13.09 - $18.54 per hour
THE POSITION: Under close supervision, performs routine clerical work in circulation and processing Library materials and provides services to Library patrons.
• Receives, inspects, codes and prepares materials for introduction to Library collection;
• Computer processes incoming and outgoing Library collection;
• Collects fines for overdue books and materials; registers Library applications and assigns Library card numbers;
• Assists patrons with questions regarding personal information or change of address, fines, overdue items, lost cards or application of new cards.
• Receives and inputs claim returns; prepares, types and maintains letters, reports, files and claims return slips; tracks and maintains damaged materials;
• Searches, retrieves, edits and enters book or material records into Library system database;
• Distributes Library/community information orally and physically; greets patrons and answers phones.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
• Knowledgeable of City and Department policies and procedures, personal computer hardware equipment and software packages and quality customer service techniques and concepts,
• Skilled in following oral or written instructions, computer usage, data entry with accuracy, establishing and maintaining productive working relationships;
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English, perform essential job functions with little supervision.
High school diploma or equivalent, AND familiarity with Library Systems and quality customer service techniques or related experience
OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applications will be accepted by the Human Resources Department until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. This recruitment may close with or without further notice. Interested parties must complete an official City application; resumes are accepted but not in lieu of the official City application.