Librarian I or II - Children's Services - Rohnert Park Cotati Regional Library
Closing Date: Friday, December 18, 2015 at 5:00pm
Librarian I - $55,764.80 - $67,943.60 annually
Librarian II - $58,510.40 - $71,323.20 annually
Position Available: December 29, 2015
Contact: Carmen Lopez-Caswell at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, visit http://sonomalibrary.org/about/careers-at-sonoma-county-library
The Sonoma County Library is seeking customer service driven library professionals with excellent communication skills.
Under general supervision, provides excellent customer service while performing a variety of professional adult and children's library services, including reference, reader's advisory, collection development, and programming; performs related work as assigned.
Tuesday through Saturday with possible evening hours on Wednesday until 8:00 pm. There may be some flexibility in start and end times and meal breaks.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Provides general reference and reader's advisory services;
- explains library policies and procedures to patrons and staff;
- assists and advises patrons regarding the use of library materials and equipment, including automated catalogs, the Internet, various software, eBooks and downloadable audiobooks;
- conducts reference searches using a variety of database, online, and other search techniques;
- helps to maintain and select the addition of books, reference materials, CD's, DVD's, electronic media, and other library materials suitable for children and/or adults;
- assists in or directs the preparation of exhibits and the organization and presentation of a variety of programs for adults and children;
- promotes the Library at community schools and events and provides written outreach through community publications;
- may represent the Library in meetings with the community or special interest groups.
- The Librarian II performs all of these tasks but at a more difficult, higher level.
Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university.
The Librarian II requires two years of appropriate professional experience working as a children's and adult reference librarian, preferably in a public library.
Must have a valid California driver's license.
Preference given to candidates with Spanish bilingual skills