Position Type: Classified Staff
Salary Range: $4,143 to $5,316 per month.
To apply, visit https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_classified/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20151203161153&
Under the direction of a supervisor or director, performs technically complex duties requiring a comprehensive understanding of library media principles, practices and procedures and may assist within the different areas of Learning Resources and may require performance of a variety of less responsible duties as a secondary assignment.
This position is primarily assigned to the Library Media Technology Center (LMTC). Responsibilities include assisting students with computer hardware and software, printers, scanners, and other library equipment. Direct students to appropriate Internet resources. Collaborate with ITS and outside vendors on hardware and software related issues. Maintain discipline and order in the assigned areas.
The Library Media Technician IV coordinates, plans and implements specialized programs and departments in the Learning Resources unit, including planning, maintaining an effective workflow, training and resolving operational problems.
The Library Media Technician III classification is assigned a broader, more complex technical duties which requires a comprehensive understanding of library media principles, practices and procedures.
The Library Media Technician II classification performs a variety of technical duties which requires a comprehensive understanding of library media principles, practices and procedures.
Incumbents in the Library Media Technician I classification are at an entry level position. This position assists in routine library-related tasks under close supervision in different locations in the Learning Resources unit.
The Library Media Technician V classification performs at the technical specialist level. This position performs complex, skilled technical work requiring a comprehensive understanding of library media principles, practice and procedures.
- Train and provide work direction to assigned personnel, prioritizes and assigns work, and ensures timely and accurate completion.
- Monitor, adjust, balance, and maintain day-to-day Learning Resources operation of assigned area.
- Research and recommend process improvements to provide timely and more efficient use of resources.
- Assist with initiating, planning, and developing library/media projects in assigned areas.
- Provide training and technical support to college faculty and staff in area of expertise.
- Intervene and resolve problems related to specific Learning Resources area assigned.
- Compile, organize, research, and verify information for various records and reports.
- Monitor overall budget expenditures in assigned area.
- Operate office equipment, including personal computers and terminals, copiers, and audio-visual equipment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Principles and methods of audio, video, graphics, computers and multimedia productions.
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Principles of providing training and work direction.
- Methods and practices of thorough financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Basic math and correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Analyze situations and adopt effective course of action.
- Organize day-to-day operations of specific area.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Meet schedules and deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality of division records as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus four (4) years related experience OR
- Two years of college level coursework and four years of increasingly responsible Library related work experience may be substituted for the required Bachelor’s degree OR
- Eight years of increasingly responsible Library related work experience may be substituted for the required Bachelor’s degree.
- Library setting.
- Extensive computer work.
- Long periods of standing and sitting.
- Lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Move from one work area to another as needed.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is designated as a full-time, twelve-month classified. Excellent fringe benefits include eight 32-hour workweeks during the summer. Working hours will be Monday through and Friday 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application. Candidates selected for employment must agree to be fingerprinted, provide current tuberculosis test results, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States, and present a valid Social Security card upon hire. Physical standards for this position are available for review in Human Resources.