Start Date: February 2016, estimated
Salary: Not Displayed
Job Type: Part Time
View job posting at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/yolococa/default.cfm
Contact: For questions about the position or about employment with the County, please contact Jenny Brown by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (530) 666-8328
To apply for this career opportunity, please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The County of Yolo is conducting a recruitment on behalf of the Yolo County Law Library for one Law Librarian position. The Law Librarian will have a variety of responsibilities including developing and recommending policies and guidelines for the Law Library; developing and recommending long-range plans; organizing, coordinating, and directing the work of staff/volunteers; preparing and monitoring the budget; and maintaining the facility, equipment, and inventory. This is an at-will, part-time position (approximately 25-30 hours per week), and the candidate selected will serve at the pleasure of the Yolo County Law Library Board of Trustees. Salary is negotiable.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attends meetings;
- prepares minutes, notices, agendas, composes library correspondence;
- monitors established policies and guidelines, develops long-range plans;
- updates procedure manuals and other library records;
- manage access to Yolo County Bar Association members;
- prepares financial records/annual report, monitors budget, status of accounts payable, card key usage;
- administers computer Internet research services; and hires/directs staff.
- Evaluates existing book collection, assesses needs of patrons;
- recommends specific purchases;
- selects materials considered for purchase;
- verifies/orders library books/materials, avoids duplication;
- renews subscriptions and authorizes (with Board approval) books received.
Public Relations and Professional Development
- Establishes working relationships with County personnel, library patrons, other librarians, Northern California Legal Assistance, and the Yolo County Bar Association;
- and attends conference/seminars of relevant professional organizations (e.g. CCCLL, NOCALL).
- Reports facility issues;
- checks for repair of library equipment and contact service representatives for necessary repairs;
- and maintains inventory including furniture and equipment.
Education: Successful completion of high school (or GED certificate), and two (2) years of college or equivalent. Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
Experience: Experience working in a law library, conducting legal research or other relevant prior employment.
Application & Selection Process:
It is highly recommended that you print this job bulletin for future reference.
Your resume should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Your resume and any additional documents you choose to include must be received by the Human Resources Office by the final filing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Human Resources is not responsible for the untimely delivery of materials sent via U.S./specialized mail, or County interoffice mail.
The following is a tentative schedule of events that will occur as part of the selection process. The selection process steps, and all listed dates, may change with or without notice.
Week of 01/04/2016: Screen for Minimum Qualifications
Week of 01/11/2016: Screen for Best Qualified
January 2016: Department Selection Interviews
Timeframe TBD: Reference Checks
Timeframe TBD: Tentative Job Offer/Livescan/Drug & Alcohol Screen
February 2016: Estimated Start Date