Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Lancaster – Antelope Valley College – Library Systems Librarian/Technical Services
Salary: $ 53,105.42 - $78,443.93 / Annually + Benefits
Closing Date: March 3, 2017
This position reports to the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning / Library Services. The position may be involved in any AVC Library area, working in conjunction and cooperation with other Library Science faculty. This is a full-time, 35 hour/week tenure track faculty position.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Most current Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges (10th edition): Master's degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science OR equivalent. (Academic Affairs Division, California Community Colleges)
• Antelope Valley College Equivalency: (Approved: May 10, 2013 Senate Meeting) Equivalency not needed, per division faculty.
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
• Provide leadership in the management and administration of the integrated library system (Sirsi/Dynix Horizon©) including, but not limited to the cataloging, circulation, reserve, acquisitions, archival, and automated report generation modules.
• Serve as primary liaison with the vendor of the integrated library system.
• Instruct staff in the use of the integrated library system.
• Perform library and archival original and copy cataloging as necessary.
• Generate, complete, and provide annual statistical and compliance reports as necessary.
• Provide reference services to students, faculty, staff and community members.
• Assist in the development of library policies and procedures.
• Participate in faculty / division meetings and college governance contributory to the attainment of the college’s mission and strategic goals.
• Participate and make recommendations in the selection of instructional equipment, materials, technology, and online products.
• Keep abreast of developments in the Library Science discipline partly through participation in professional groups and organizations at various levels (district state, national, etc.)
• Continued professional development through the Faculty Professional Development Program or other sources is expected.
• Travel between District locations is also expected.
• Knowledge of and/or professional instruction in integrated library systems, such as Sirsi/Dynix Horizon©.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve integrated library system analytical and technical issues.
• Knowledge of SQL.
• Knowledge of OCLC and current cataloging standards.
• Knowledge of current trends related to technical services and system administration.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work productively, cooperatively, and collegially.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the following documents on file in the Human Resources Office by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date in order to continue in the application process for this position.
1. A completed and signed Antelope Valley College administrative application form.
2. A letter of intent addressing your interest and qualifications for this position.
3. A personal résumé or curriculum vitae.
4. Transcripts* of all college work that substantiates the requirements of the position. Transcripts must include date conferred. (Unofficial transcripts or photocopies will be accepted to establish the application file). Official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered the position.
- See more at: https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000355324-01?cid=VTEVPMSJOB1#sthash.EmuDkZcS.dpuf