Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Modesto – Modesto Junior College – Tenure Track Librarian
Salary: $55,384 to $103,694 per year
Open Date: 02/02/2017
Close Date: 03/06/2017
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• In cooperation with other librarians, coordinate library functions for the Library & Learning Centers focusing on progressive, user-centered library services.
• In collaboration with L & LC manager, ensure that library procedures and policies are followed consistently.
• Provide reference services, both face-to-face and virtual.
• Instruct students and faculty in use of Library resources.
• Develop and teach classes and workshops in information literacy/research skills.
• Develop web-based instructional materials.
• Perform professional duties such as collection development and cataloging as needed.
• Work collegially with College faculty to promote use of Library & Learning Center across the curriculum.
• Actively contribute to assessment activities.
• Serve as liaison to one or more academic departments.
• Collaborate with L & LC faculty, staff, and administration to plan for current and future needs and design solutions for problems and improvement of services.
• Serve on L & LC and College committees contributing to shared governance.
• Provide statistical and evaluative reports to L & LC administration as scheduled or requested.
• Provide instruction and assistance to L & LC staff as appropriate.
• Work collegially with faculty and staff in the L & LC, throughout the District, in other libraries, and in cooperatives and associations.
• Develop a personal program of professional development related to the responsibilities of the position and institutional initiatives.
• Work nights and weekends as needed.
• Travel between campuses as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science (MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited program) OR a California Community College Instructor credential appropriate to the subject OR the equivalent.
• MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited program
•Experience working in an integrated library & learning center environment.
• Demonstrated experience teaching research skills and information literacy, including using instructional technology.
• Experience planning, implementing, and reporting assessment activities.
• Experience working with and sensitivity to students with a wide variance of information-seeking skills and technological competence.
• Proficiency in use of emerging information technologies.
• Ability to use available technologies as teaching and/or student service tools.
• Professional experience in an academic library, preferably a community college.
• Ability to teach library courses for academic credit.
• Experience managing a library branch or department.
• Demonstrated commitment to community involvement.
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.