Employment Application for Classified Positions: https://rsccd.igreentree.com/CSS_Classified/CSSPage_Welcome.asp
Job Listing: http://www.rsccd.edu/Employment/Documents/Job%20Opportunities%20Listing/Job-Opportunities-Listing.pdf
- Under direction - performs a variety of complex clerical and sub-professional library work requiring specialized knowledge; performs related duties as required.
- Supervises circulation desk, resolves problems encountered in producing or correcting sets of catalog cards and in filing them; participates in and directs a variety of clerical library duties; prepares and up-dates records on overdue books, fines, book reservations, lost books, and statistics of loaned books and magazines; interprets rules and answers student questions regarding the use of library facilities; trains and oversees student assistants; maintains over-due file follow up for payment; checks, verifies and maintains card-catalog entries; supervises periodic and regular inventories; accessions and processes new books and non-book material; maintains weekly and monthly statistics of materials added or withdrawn and compiles material for an annual report from such data; maintains procedures manual; keeps various accounting records; processes audio-visual materials, orders, receives, records, shelves and circulates all periodicals and microfilm materials; provides information on-site or over the phone.
- This class reports to the librarian responsible for the functions assigned to this Technician. Part-time student helpers frequently are assigned to these Technicians for supervision.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent;
- two years of responsible office clerical experience, at least one of which must be in a library; and 12 semester units in Library Science or Library Technology.
- Two years of Library work experience may be substituted for the 12 units.
- Good knowledge of library and audio-visual circulation procedures, records, files and statistics; the technical aspects of classification of library materials; technical sources of information for library operations; office and clerical techniques; filing, record-keeping and record-checking methods; oral and written English, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary; library terminology and procedures.
- Knowledge of English composition; basic arithmetic; office equipment; principles of supervision, scheduling and training for student workers. Ability to schedule, supervise and train several student workers in circulation operations; assist patrons in utilizing library resources; checks records and work of others; maintain statistical-use records and prepare reports; classify library books and materials; demonstrate the use of reference sources; learn new library techniques; read and apply technical library materials; follow oral and written instructions and procedures.
- For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the online district classified application by the specified closing date for the position at www.rsccd.edu. All materials must be submitted online. A computer which can only access RSCCD employment website and scanner to upload application materials/documents (no USB) are available at the Human Resources Department, 2323 North Broadway, Santa Ana, California, 92706, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Resume in Word format (Required)
- Any additional supplemental materials (Optional)