Thursday, October 27, 2016
Roseville - Roseville Public Library - Library Page
Position Title: Library Page
Reference Number: 17.073
Division: General Staffing
Contact Name: Human Resources
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 916-774-5475
Contact Fax: 916-774-5350
Position Description: SALARY: $11.00 to $13.37 hourly
FINAL FILING DATE: We are accepting the first 50 qualified applications or closing at 5 pm, November 10, 2016; whichever occurs first. PERS Retired Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary part-time position of Library Page in the Parks, Recreation, and Libraries Department. The work schedule will be during normal Library hours including evenings and weekends. This position is limited to 25 hours per week for a maximum of 1,000 hours per fiscal year.
To perform a variety of duties related to performing routine, repetitive and manual work in connection with the use and maintenance of library resources.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist customers in the use of self-check machines, copiers, microfilm/fiche readers, computer printing with the print management systems and the computer reservations software.
• Register customers and collects payments for Parks, Recreation and Libraries classes and events.
• Shelve, sort, shift, and file library materials following established procedures.
• Check in returned materials, observing their condition and bringing damaged materials to the attention of higher level library personnel for disposition.
• Check out materials to customers.
• Organize returned materials and delivers them to proper sorting shelves.
• Use office equipment and personal computer to perform simple clerical tasks.
• Promote and enforce safety procedures.
• Assist with free and fee based library programs; assist with room set up; check in program participants; distribute program materials.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, volunteers and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Basic knowledge of computers, alphabetizing, indexing, and/or filing methods.
• English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
• Modern office equipment, methods, procedures, and computer hardware and software.
• Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk and/or stand at counter for long periods of time; bend twist and reach, stoop, kneel and squat while shelving, opening boxes or moving equipment.
• Intermittently twist and reach office equipment; write and use keyboard to communicate through written means; set up booths, hang banners, move tables, chairs and carry supplies; lift or carry weight of 45 pounds or less.
• Make accurate mathematical computations.
• Write and use keyboard to communicate and to enter circulation and collection data.
• Use carts to move library materials.
• Retrieve materials from high/low shelves.
• Assist in training library trainees and volunteers.
• Understand and translate City and Library policies and practices into everyday working practices; make sound decisions with solid problem solving methods.
• Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
• Learn to identify problems regarding the facility and programs; refer difficult problems/irregularities for more advanced attention and recommend possible solutions.
• Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
• Communicate tactfully with customers.
• Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• Six months of general customer service experience or the equivalent in library employment.
• Equivalent to the completion of the eleventh (11th) grade or sixteen (16) years of age.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certificates.
• Possession of a valid California driver’s license by date of appointment.
Note: Minors may have preclusions or restriction in duties assigned pursuant to 29 CFR § 570.
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Department to interview. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
Job Status: Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly