Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Oakland – Peralta Community College District - Librarian
$54,976 - $74,251 a year
Closing Date: 3/11/16
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist in the design, development, implementation, and coordination of library public services, resources and activities including circulation and reserves.
· Provide reference assistance to students, faculty, and staff using print, computer-based, and web-based library materials and resources.
· Provide instruction in library research, the use of information resources and information competency skills on a one-to-one basis as part of reference services, in library orientations, and in formal classes, as needed.
· Perform professional responsibilities required of faculty members.
· Carry a full load in the discipline.
· Share responsibility in administering and servicing the library’s operations.
· Review, develop, and enforce library policies and procedures.
· Prepare subject bibliographies, pathfinders, and other help aids.
· Assist in development and maintenance of the library’s print and electronic collections.
· Use Millennium’s cataloging modules and bibliographic utilities such as OCLC to implement the technical processing of library acquisitions.
· Participate and serve on academic, district, departmental, divisional, and campus committees.
· Monitoring the Library Computer Lab.
· Schedule may include evening or weekend hours as part of contract assignment.
· The Librarian is expected to use and keep abreast of advanced library methods, including the use of current and future technologies to support student learning and career objectives.
· Maintain necessary attendance, scholastic and personnel records, and submits them according to published deadlines.
· Post and maintain required office hours in accordance with the prevailing policy.
· Participate on departmental, divisional, and campus committees. Develop and revise courses in the discipline.
The Librarian is also responsible for providing a full professional service week that may include, but is not limited to:
· Participation in professional activities such as departmental and campus committee work, faculty peer evaluations, staff meetings and participation in the governance structure of the College and District;
· Pursuing professional growth activities to remain current in the library field;
· Performing other related duties as assigned by the College.
Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science or Library and Information Science;
May submit a fully satisfied lifetime California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing service authorizing service as a Librarian.
(California credentials were no longer issued after July 1, 1990).
The equivalent qualifications.
· Experience in library instruction and reference
· Experience with assessment of library services, media services and library instructional programs.
· Experience in applying technologies for delivery of information literacy instruction.
· Experience developing web pages and using presentation software.
· Ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse environment.