Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Vacaville - Digital Imaging Librarian Grade 3
Closing Date: Not Listed
Under the direction of the Radiology Director or designee is responsible for the accurate data entry and retrieval of patient record information from the PACS system at the local facility to meet the needs of the Radiology department's digital workflow. Uses Kaiser Permanente and department computer systems to review and reconcile inaccurate or misfiled patient record information, using established protocols and procedures.
- PACS Image Database Management: Responsible for organizing, reviewing, troubleshooting, pre-fetching, importing of outside studies.
- Maintains other existing databases.
- Forwards and retrieves legacy images.
- Digitizes studies and associated paperwork.
- Responsible for handling requests for copies, films and/or CD of patient records.
- Responsible for reviewing quality assurance reports and resolving unread reports.
- PACS Daily Maintenance and Entry/Exception Problem Solving: Responsible for maintenance and transmission of images and other patient records (i.e., exception resolution, registered images, digitizing and verifying patient information).
- Exception resolution, including the merging, and editing of patient information and studies.
- Prepare reports and summaries.
- Telephone: Answers telephone inquiries or requests from physicians, other health care professionals, patients and/or government/regulatory officials.
- All other duties related to DIL functions to promote efficiency in patient care and excellence in service, including the ability to continue to manage legacy film workflows and functions.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in radiology related field preferred.
- High School Education required or G.E.D equivalent.
- AA degree preferred
- Basic Windows-based personal computer skills, able to pass basic computer literacy test.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Skills Testing: PC Skills (able to pass PC skills assessment)