Salary: $45,745 to $75,841 per year
Closing Date: 03/17/2016
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: providing services to students, teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Assignment Responsibilities: In collaboration with the other librarians, the Public Services Librarian may be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing reference and information services to students and staff.
- Providing library instruction in a variety of settings and formats.
- Maintaining up-to-date instruction materials for print and on-line library resources.
- Selecting materials in subject areas for print, media, and digital collections.
Also the Public Services Librarian may be involved or take the lead in coordinating one or more of the following:
- Reference desk scheduling
- Instructional programs and services
- Circulation policy and procedures
- Acquisitions and collection development services
- Assessment of library programs and services
- Services to the Outreach Centers and Distance Education
Assignments may include days, evenings, on-line, hybrid, weekends, and/or off campus.
The department maintains a focus on:
- Library instruction in a variety of formats.
- Assessing library programs and services.
- Providing library outreach and marketing.
- Emerging technologies to enhance library services and instruction.
1. Have a master's degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 18, 2016, in Library Science or Library and Information Science; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor's Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the "equivalent" provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
Application Instructions: To receive full consideration applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District faculty position are required to complete fully and submit:
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work * (graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts). NOTE: Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter of Interest
*Note: Applications submitted without transcripts will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Click Foreign Transcript Evaluations on the Human Resources Services page for details.
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
How and where to apply:
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. Submission of applications are by midnight of the posting closing date.