Thursday, March 23, 2017
Rancho Cordova – Folsom Cordova Unified School District – Library Clerk (Elementary)
Salary: $14.69 - $17.85 an hour - Part-time
Closing Date: 3/29/17 4 PM
LIBRARY CLERK DEFINITION
Under direct supervision of the Principal, to perform routine clerical and typing duties; in an elementary or small secondary school library; to assist both students and teachers in the use of the library, and to do related work as required.
These are entry level positions with duties similar to those of Clerk Typist I, but specializing in the library functions. They are usually part-time positions with immediate or direct supervision or guidance available for other than routine or repetitive problems.
· Charges and discharges books and audio-visual materials.
· Utilizes and maintains software related to library systems including automated library circulation programs.
· Sets up and maintains card catalog files.
· Assists in selection of library materials.
· Assists students and teachers in becoming familiar with the arrangement, location, and use of materials in the library.
· Performs minor repair of book materials.
· May assist, train and work with students and volunteers, which may include training for help with book fairs.
· Does miscellaneous typing and clerical work and operates office equipment.
· Assists in inventories of library books and equipment.
Clerical procedures and practices; general knowledge of the organization and functions of a library; personal computers and related software, i.e. circulation programs, internet and word processing.
Learn basic library practices and terminology; harmoniously assist students, parent volunteers, and teachers in becoming familiar with the arrangement, location, and use of materials in the library; perform routine clerical work with speed and accuracy; type at a speed of 35 words per minute; understand and carry out verbal and written directions; essential functions require, with or without the use of aids mobility to move to counter, files and other areas of the school or office; sufficient vision to see small print; sufficient hearing to hear normal and telephone conversations; sufficient dexterity to write, operate personal computer, telephone, typewriter and other business machines.
This is an entry-level position. (School library experience is desirable).
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.