Thursday, March 30, 2017
Ventura – Ventura County Community College – Associate Librarian
Salary: $48,751 - $85,311
Closing Date: 4/2/17
Under the general direction of a dean, an Associate Librarian is responsible for providing reference, instruction, collection development, access services, technical services, and outreach to students, faculty, and staff. There is currently one tenure-track position with the initial assignment being located at Ventura College, pending board approval. All academic employees are subject to assignment in any college of the District depending upon staffing needs as defined within the terms of the VCCCD/AFT Agreement. Nontraditional assignments such as evening, weekend, or off-site assignments may be made with consent of faculty member, management or when special conditions exist on a campus as defined within the terms of the VCCCD/AFT agreement.
· Provide reference assistance to students, faculty, and staff.
· Teach research methods, information literacy, bibliographic and library instruction sessions to students and other patrons in one-on-one, classroom, and distance mediated instructional settings.
· Collaborate with faculty with regard to student assignments, collection needs, and integration of information literacy into the college curriculum.
· Perform original cataloging of library materials in all formats; integrate online journals and e-books into the library catalog; assist lower-level staff with copy cataloging on an as needed basis.
· Design and produce research guides, information literacy tutorials, program reports, and other resources in print, web-based and multimedia formats.
· Plan and coordinate collection development activities, including analysis, acquisition, selection, deselection, vendor interaction, and budget allocation to ensure the subject collection meets curriculum needs.
· Coordinate the purchase of print and non-print library materials and resources in collaboration with faculty within each discipline.
· Assist in grant proposal writing and post-award documentation.
· Research, promote and implement interactive multimedia such as technology mediated instruction, interactive video conferencing, and other emerging instructional technologies.
· Participate in the development and implementation of library policies and procedures; participate in the program review process for the library.
· Evaluate the collection and coordinate activities related to removing books from the collection with input from faculty; evaluate the usefulness of donated materials.
· Promote library resources and services to faculty, students, and campus groups; plan and present library tours.
· Plan and implement library-oriented programming, such as displays, library events, etc.
· Attend and participate in department, division, campus, and district meetings and committees; may participate in articulation and matriculation related activities.
· Collaborate with other library faculty on a regular basis to develop, assess, and revise, as appropriate, measurable student learning outcomes.
· Provide work direction to student workers.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
Master's in library science, library and information science; OR the equivalent*; OR possession of an appropriate California Community College Credential.
· Education, training, or experience with emerging digital technologies/trends and standards in cataloging and metadata, with experience in original cataloging and strategic collection maintenance.
· Education, training, or experience with strategic planning and oversight of library digital technologies that enhance, integrate, and automate library resources and processes.
· Education, training or experience with the development of online research guides and online tutorials for students to use, regardless of location or mode of delivery.