Library Pages are responsible for providing direct customer service, filing materials on the shelves quickly and accurately so that customers can locate the items easily, providing assistance at the customer service desk, assisting in maintaining an orderly and welcoming environment by monitoring the facility, answering questions from customers in person or over the phone, explaining library policies and procedures, conducting basic searches on library catalogues, checking materials in/out, helping customers register for a borrower's card, collecting fines, interacting with and working well with other team members.
These positions require pushing or pulling carts loaded with materials; packing, unpacking and transporting shipment boxes; reaching, bending, and stooping to put materials on low and high shelves; actively moving for several hours at a time, retrieving items from deep bins, and standing for periods of time.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
- Job Expertise - Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices, Citywide and departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations
- Communication Skills - Communicates effectively and responses (verbal/written) are timely, effective, positive, and respectful
- Customer Service - Demonstrates the ability to anticipate customers' needs and deliver services effectively and efficiently in a timely, accurate, respectful, and friendly manner.
- Reliability - Completes quality work assignments in a timely and efficient manner; fulfills responsibilities and maintains confidentiality as appropriate.
- Team Work & Interpersonal Skills - Develops effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.