- Serves as lead person for library operations.
- Serves as liaison with other district libraries to develop and coordinate policies and procedures for assigned unit of work.
- Assists in interviewing, training and overseeing student workers and staff.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with book jobbers.
- Oversees the ordering and receiving of book and other library materials.
- Manages the book and materials budgets including fund appropriations, encumbrances, and expenditures.
- Maintains bindery records.
- Oversees the circulation operations of the library including patron registration, material check-in, and charge-out, overdue notice production, and fine collection.
- Performs related duties as required.
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Sacramento-Sacramento City College-Lead Library Technician
Job Link: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/4378
Salary: $3,519.27 per month
Closing Date: 03/30/2017
Position Summary: The lead class of the series. Serve as the lead person of library operations. Incumbent has a thorough understanding of the library operations and has sufficient knowledge to provide assistance, training, and backup in any area. Serve as the lead for three or more regular staff in the library operations; oversee staff and students. Incumbent works under the general supervision of the assigned manager or supervisor. This position is assigned to the Learning Resource Center.
Assignment Responsibilities: In addition to performing the duties of the Library Technician, typical duties include:
Experience and Education: Two years of experience directly related to the duties of the position and an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in Library and Information Technology or equivalent; OR three years of experience directly related to the position and a Library and Information Technology Certificate. NOTE: One additional year of education or experience may be substituted for one year of the required education or experience. Promotional: One year of experience as a Library Technician in the Los Rios Community College District and an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in Library and Information and Technology or equivalent; OR two years of experience as a Library Technician and a Library and Information Technology Certificate. NOTE: One additional year of experience may be substituted for one year of the required education. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios Community College District.) Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles. (Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 12 units are equal to six months of education; 24 units are equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Posted by Cameroonian Librarian at 11:36 AM