Closing Date: 11/04/15 05:00 PM
Salary: $29.86 - $36.66 Hourly; $5,175.73 - $6,354.40 Monthly; $62,108.80 - $76,252.80 Annually
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/paloaltoca/job_bulletin.cfm?JobID=1269491
Palo Alto City Library is looking for an experienced and energetic librarian to fill a Senior level position, chiefly work with the Library’s eBranch team. The successful candidate is expected to have strong web management skills and in-depth knowledge of using databases to provide customer service. Good communication skills, willingness to think creatively, and high work ethnics assure success in this position.
Purpose of Classification
Independently performs specialized and professional library activities of advanced difficulty in a library.
The Senior Librarian is the advanced professional classification within the Library Division. Incumbents have professional experience to perform high level public library responsibilities. It is a broad classification which covers a variety of work situations including advanced knowledge of reference services, facility operation, collection management, library policies and computerized information systems. Significant portion of the day may include direct public contact.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be a key member of Library eBranch team with a focus on web services
- Assists the Library Services Manager of Digital Initiatives in developing innovative programs with available library technology
- Uses web technology to do outreach and deliver virtual and technology programs that support the strategic goals of the Library
- Plays a key role in promoting new digital services to staff and the public
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities, which would typically be acquired through:
- College degree or a combination of related experience and training substantially equivalent to graduation from a college or university; and
- Three years professional experience as a librarian. Master's degree in Library or Information Science may be substituted for one year of professional experience.
- is proficient in languages used for web development and content management systems
- has experience in testing and debugging issues across multiple browsers and a variety of devices
- is attentive to details and has experience in using analytical tools to generate statistical reports
- is a team player and passionate about building solutions and solving problems
- has good analytical, oral, and written communication skills, especially the ability to explain to non-technical audiences technology programs and tools the Library introduces