Salary: $3,416.00 - $4,153.00 Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time
To apply, visit http://ow.ly/SAYJQ (or view the full link below if you prefer)
The Mahoney Library at the Petaluma Campus of Santa Rosa Junior College is seeking a qualified individual with demonstrated clerical, technical and customer service skills to join an outstanding team of classified administrators, faculty and staff to provide high quality services to our district, our community, and most importantly to our students. Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of specialized and technical library work in all service areas of the library; demonstrates the use of specialized equipment. This is a regular, full-time, 12 months per year Classified position. Work schedule will be 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Friday. Work schedules may vary, so candidates must have scheduling flexibility to meet the changing needs of the department. Appointments are contingent upon funding and Board approval.
The Library Technician I has a working knowledge of current library terminology, technology, policies and procedures; applicable laws governing copyrights; the use, maintenance, and distribution of library and media materials.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature. Incumbents routinely perform approximately 80% of the duties below.
- Oversees several public or technical service areas; assists patrons in locating and retrieving library materials; demonstrates the use of various library equipment, databases and services.
- Assists in the development and implementation of library policies and procedures to promote efficient operations of the library; analyzes library-related problems and takes appropriate action; resolves patron conflicts and issues; provides direct service to faculty through instructional support.
- Organizes the circulation, maintenance, and inventory of books and other library materials; maintains confidential patron records; maintains databases; coordinates and transfers library materials and records between campuses.
- Processes withdrawn materials from the library’s holding records; generates and maintains bibliographic records.
- Operates, troubleshoots and maintains security gates, computers, printers and other library equipment; contacts vendors for equipment repairs.
- Prepares overdue notices and hold notices for library materials; distributes notices to patrons; posts and reconciles fines in library automated system and college accounting system to ensure an accurate assessment and collection of library fines.
- Generates reports for library staff and supervisor.
- Orders and maintains supplies; may order minor equipment.
- Interprets and explains District policies and procedures to students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Supervises student employees.
- Performs instructional support functions and clerical duties; creates promotional and informational materials.
Communicate effectively and provide customer service in a calm and professional manner; interpret policies and procedures; analyze situations accurately and adopt appropriate courses of action; operate and maintain library equipment and automated library systems; work independently with a minimum of supervision; maintain records; schedule media software and equipment; perform general administrative and clerical functions; follow and give oral and written directions; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
Library technology, terminology, policies and procedures; automated library systems and databases; standard office productivity software; various media equipment.
Candidates/incumbents must meet the minimum qualifications as detailed below, or file for equivalency. Equivalency decisions are made on the basis of a combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities. If requesting consideration on the basis of equivalency, an Equivalency Application is required at the time of interest in a position (equivalency decisions are made by Human Resources, in coordination with the department where the vacancy exists, if needed.)
Two years of college level coursework. Some coursework in Library Science preferred.
Previous experience working in a library with an automated system.
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking while performing library duties.
Full link: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/santarosajc/default.cfm?action=viewjob&JobID=1235470&headerfooter=1&promo=0&transfer=0&WDDXJobSearchParams=%3CwddxPacket%20version%3D%271%2E0%27%3E%3Cheader%2F%3E%3Cdata%3E%3Cstruct%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27CATEGORYID%27%3E%3Cstring%3E21%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27PROMOTIONALJOBS%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27TRANSFER%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27FIND_KEYWORD%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3C%2Fstruct%3E%3C%2Fdata%3E%3C%2FwddxPacket%3E