Contact: Linda Dominguez 559-237-0437
Number of Openings: (At time of posting) 1
Length of Work Year: 182 Days
Employment Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: Until Filled
To apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/730948?utm_source=SimplyHired&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=SimplyHired
LIBRARY/MEDIA CLERK/ MIGRANT PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE – GRADES K – 8
NATURE OF THE JOB
Performs a variety of Clerical and technical tasks in the library; tasks may include acquisition and
circulation of books and library media and equipment, assisting teachers and students in the use of the
facility and its materials; processes and checks out new books, repairs worn or damaged books.
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL DUTIES
Under teacher direction:
- May assist with clerical tasks, record keeping, distributing supplies, duplicating materials.
- Works with students to enhance self-image in building self-esteem and selfconfidence.
- Maintains records and schedules as it pertains to the library
- Assists students/staff in check out process of books
- Prepares and maintains records of overdue books and materials
NECESSARY SKILLS, APTITUDES
- Must have a minimum of 48 college units or be able to pass a competency test as required under NCLB (No Child Left Behind).
- Be able to work well with a teachers.
- Be able to demonstrate skills in working with students in reading, writing, language, and math.
- Have the ability to relate well with students, show enthusiasm for the learning process; enjoy being around students; be sympathetic to the individual needs of students.
- Evidence a commitment toward providing a positive learning environment for students.
- Have the ability and desire to control the behavior of students in a positive manner, with the assistance of the teacher; be able to deal effectively with behavior problems.
- Be able to handle basic clerical tasks such as filing and recording. (Typing skills desirable but not required).
- Have the ability to follow directions.
Migrant Instructional Assistant
Under general supervision and direction, provides assistance to the teacher. Such assistance may include working with individual students or small groups. Assists classroom teachers and other certificated personnel in the performance of their duties and in supervision of pupils and instructional tasks which, in the judgment of the certificated personnel to whom the employee is assigned, may be performed by a person not licensed as a classroom teacher. Work closely with Fresno County Office of Education Migrant Department in the development of tutorial services for students in the Migrant Program.