- Dr. Roberto Cruz Alum Rock and Hillview Branch Library pair;
- Alviso and Educational Park Branch Library pair;
- and the Instruction and Programming Services (IPS) unit, which coordinates centralized programming, learning opportunities, and school support for the library system. The IPS position is located at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Library.
- Job Expertise - demonstrates knowledge of and experience
with applicable professional/technical principles and practices, Citywide and
departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations.
- Leadership - leads by example; serves as appropriate role
model; demonstrates high ethical standards; Remains visible and approachable
and interacts with others on a regular basis; promotes a cooperative work
environment; encourages and rewards risk-taking, allowing others to learn from
- Change Management - Demonstrates support for innovation and
for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's
effectiveness. Helps others to
successfully manage organizational change.
Develops, plans and follows through on change initiatives.
- Supervision - Sets effective long and short-term goals based
on a good understanding of management practices; establishes realistic
priorities within available resources.
- Problem Solving - Approaches a situation or problem by
defining the problem or issue, determines the significance of problems,
collections data, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant data. Makes
inferences about the meaning of the data, and uses logic and intuition to
arrive at decisions or solutions that achieve the desired outcome.
- Project Management - ensures support for projects and
implements agency goals and strategic objectives.
- Team Work & Interpersonal Skills - demonstrates a
positive attitude and flexibility along with the ability to develop effective
relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish
tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Technology Use / Management - uses efficient and
cost-effective approaches to integrate technology into the workplace and
improve program effectiveness.
- Communication Skills - communicates and listens effectively and responds in an timely, effective, positive and respectful manner; written reports and correspondence are accurate, complete, current; well-organized, legible, concise, neat, and in proper grammatical form. Bilingual skills (English and Spanish) are highly desirable for the branch positions.