Hourly Pay: $22.05 - $27.53 per hour with benefits
To apply, visit http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ARCADIA&cws=1&rid=83
The City of Arcadia is currently seeking a responsible and detail-oriented Senior Library Technician to perform a full range of complex clerical and technical functions for the Technical Services Division of the library; however, candidates may also be placed in other Library Divisions.
Under general direction, the Senior Library Technician will:
- Lead, oversee, and participate in the Library's more complex clerical and technical functions;
- Supervise, train and review the work of assigned staff;
- Establish and maintain appropriate files and records;
- Assists the public in the use of Library services, facilities and equipment;
- In Technical Services, the position will establish and maintain files and records pertaining to acquisitions services; order materials and work directly with vendors; download MARC records and Authority files into the Library automation system; check and verify received materials; coordinate serials; bindery; and process invoices for payment.
- In Children's Services and Circulation Services, the position will operate the circulation desk; work with the public to circulate materials and collect fines and charges for overdue and lost materials and damaged items; maintain statistics of Library activities; compile overdue material lists; and send notices.
The current opening is in Technical Services. The eligibility list created from this recruitment may be used to fill full-time and permanent part-time vacancies in Children’s or Circulation Services within the next 12 months.
Experience: Four (4) years of responsible technical and clerical library experience.
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized course work in library science.
Special Requirements: Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, crawl, twist, and lift, carry, push, and pull 20-30 lbs.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Applications will be reviewed and those candidates whose applications indicate they have met the requirements will be further considered to continue in the recruitment process. The selection process may consist of: Application Evaluation (Qualifying) ; and Oral Interview (100%). The City reserves the right to limit the number of interviews conducted. The interview score determines ranking on the eligibility list. Pre-employment background and medical examination are additional requirements for hire. Failure on any part of the selection process will result in disqualification and exclusion from further progress. Please Note: If you have a disability that may require an accommodation in the selection process, please notify Human Resources in writing when you submit your application.