Contact: Valerie English2 (916) 686-7797 x7467
Employment Type: Full and Part Time
Application Deadline: 12/31/2015 4:00 PM Pacific
To apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/721853?utm_source=SimplyHired&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=SimplyHired
Under the direction of an assigned administrator,
- Coordinate, implement and oversee the use of automated and manual instructional materials and related audio-visual equipment; maintain library media center.
- Organize, provide and maintain library media services, materials and equipment to meet the instructional and informational needs of students and faculty; select, acquire, catalogue, check out and assure the timely return of televisions, VCRs, textbooks and other instructional materials and equipment according to established guidelines and procedures; collect related fees.
- Coordinate, implement and conduct instruction services for students in the effective use of information resources; provide reference services and reading selection guidance to students and faculty; compile bibliographies as needed.
- Communicate with students, parents and District personnel to exchange information and resolve issues or concerns related to library services, information resources, instructional materials and equipment, school curriculum, educational programs and assigned activities.
- Compile information and prepare and maintain a wide variety of financial and statistical data, records and reports related to library materials, equipment, activities and services; process a variety of forms and applications related to library activities.
- Monitor inventory levels of library supplies, equipment and textbooks; order supplies and equipment as necessary; coordinate and oversee the ordering, processing and distribution of textbooks.
- Prepare and maintain the library media budget; monitor and record expenditures.
- Train and provide work direction and guidance to assigned library personnel and student assistants.
- Operate a variety of office and library equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Attend and participate in assigned meetings, conferences and committees.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Basic functions, operations and maintenance of a school library.
- Automated and manual instructional materials and related audio-visual equipment.
- Organization, practices and procedures of library media services.
- Library technical processes related to the acquisition, cataloging, classification and circulation of library materials.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Operation of standard office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Coordinate, implement and oversee the use of automated and manual instructional materials and related audio-visual equipment.
- Organize, provide and maintain library media services, materials and equipment to meet the instructional and informational needs of students and faculty.
- Coordinate, implement and conduct instruction services for students in the effective use of information resources.
- Operate, adjust, service and circulate audio-visual equipment and media materials.
- Learn policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
- Learn District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
- Prioritize and schedule work.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Operate standard office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Kneel, crouch and bend at the waist to reach a variety of materials.
- Reach above the head, horizontally and above the shoulders to reach a variety of materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s degree.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid California Teaching Credential.
Valid Library Media Technician Credential.