- No facsimiles or postmarks accepted.
- Applications are available
Alhambra City Hall Personnel Department
111 S. First Street
Alhambra, CA. 91801,
or website: http://www.cityofalhambra.org/page/248/employment_jobs/
- $20.92 – $25.40 PER HOUR.
- This position does not receive benefits.
- The Librarian I, is an entry level position that performs a wide range of professional services, including, but not limited to: reference and reading guidance for all ages.
- Offers specialized professional assistance to patrons at all reference service desks;
- Answers factual ready reference questions as well as in-depth research requests;
- assists patrons in the effective use of library materials and equipment. In addition to the above primary responsibilities will:
- participate in community outreach such as library tours and class/school visits; performs other related
- duties or assignments as required.
- Cross training in all public service areas will be required.
- Experience in a public library environment, working with reference materials and providing reader advisory service and a Master’s Degree in Librarianship from an accredited college or university.
- A valid California Class “C” Driver’s License is required.
- effectively work with children, parents and caregivers;
- effectively perform multiple tasks under pressure;
- bilingual abilities in Asian languages are desirable but not required.
- Applicants must submit a completed City of Alhambra Employment Application form prior to the final filing date.
- Applications will be screened for qualifications and appropriate background and only the most qualified will be invited to participate in the examination process.
- Successful candidates must achieve a minimum passing score in each of the test components.
- Applicants will be notified by mail as to the test date, time and location.
- The examination process will include the following: Oral Interview 100%
- Candidates will be required to pass a City administered pre-employment physical and may be required to pass a thorough background investigation and polygraph examination as a part of the Selection Process.
- Candidates who do not pass will be disqualified and removed from the eligibility list.
- Applicants with legal disabilities who require special testing arrangements must contact the Personnel Department at least five (5) working days prior to the examination date.