Salary: $54,029 – $81,342
Start Date: 01/07/2016
To apply, visit https://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/989
Essential Functions of Position
Clovis Community College, within the State Center Community College District, is seeking a knowledgeable and energetic librarian with a strong commitment to service to provide on demand and extended research instruction to students and to participate in library instruction and campus outreach services. Under the direction of Dean of Instruction, the successful candidate will:
- Provide on demand reference and extended research services to students;
- conduct bibliographic instruction for students in a classroom environment;
- plan and present library workshops;
- collaborate with faculty to increase awareness of library resources to students;
- promote library resources and services to faculty, students, and campus groups;
- ensure consistent access to electronic resources;
- plan and implement the college’s information competency goals;
- collaborate with other librarians to design and develop library research skills workshops and online tutorials;
- collaborate with other librarians in the development of budget proposals;
- collaborate with other librarians to establish library policies and procedures;
- and participate in collection development.
Teaching assignments may include
- a variety of instructional settings and times, including evenings, weekends and online;
- curriculum and program development and/or revision, including program review and the development and assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs;
- communicating effectively with students and staff;
- developing technology used for classroom presentations;
- advising students;
- participating in college/district committees;
- participating in appropriate professional meetings and workshops;
- cooperating with regard to scheduling classes between colleagues in the same disciplines;
- participating in student recruiting activities;
- assisting in the advancement of the institutional mission and goals;
- and otherwise fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
NOTE: This position will typically work 177 duty days between July and June of each fiscal year.
-Include a master’s degree in library science, or library and information science; OR
-a valid California Community College Credential; OR
-the equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency);
-demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Include one year of experience in an academic library setting, especially in a community college; experience with readers’ advisory and reference services; knowledge of the current state of information technology in libraries; knowledge of collection development and technical services functions; experience in library instruction; ability to develop collegial relationships with peers; demonstrated sensitivity to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds; the ability to effectively communicate in written and oral form; experience with student engagement, freshmen orientation and outreach.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is $54,029 – $81,342 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
This is a full-time, categorically funded position through Title V grant funds for a 5 year term. By the end of the grant term, if the grant is fully funded, the position will be institutionalized (placed on tenure track) by Clovis Community College.